Vegan Mom In Prison For 30 Years

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Rogo, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Rogo

Rogo Well-Known Member

Not totally off topic; they don't eat chicken....or meat or dairy.

3 children.

11 year old weighs 33 pounds.

9 year old weighs 29 pounds.

3 year old weighs 12 pounds.

2. Kmac15

Kmac15 This is my life

That is not vegan.. that is neglect. hope she rots

3. rootsandwings

rootsandwings Well-Known Member Supporter

there's a big difference between feeding your children vegan and not feeding your children.

the first one requires that you actually pay attention to your children's nutrition and usually results in healthier kids than a diet centered on chicken, meat, and dairy. (which my kids do eat btw)

4. Genevieve M.

Genevieve M. Well-Known Member

Wow!

My very very thin 11 month old is even up to 17 lbs.

I just can not imagine a 12 lb 3 year old!

5. momlaffsalot

momlaffsalot Well-Known Member

YAY for the justice system!

6. mawalla

mawalla Well-Known Member

I've got to agree with Kmac15, pure neglect. I question how this was able to go on for 11 years!

7. annethcz

annethcz Well-Known Member

I agree, there's a HUGE difference between being vegan and being a neglectful parent. Absence of animal products in one's diet does not automatically lead to an absence of bodily health.

To be honest, the people I know who are vegan or vegetarian eat a much more healthful diet than the vast majority of meat-eating Americans.

8. Danaus29

Danaus29 Well-Known Member Supporter

People like that are not vegan, they are abusers! For them to call themselves vegan is just as wrong as the family of thieves calling themselves home-schoolers.

Too bad they can't treat the mother like she treated her children.

9. bee

bee WV , hilltop dweller Supporter

my question is "Is the MOM normal weight?" and if so..WHY??? Where is the father,grandparents and teachers of the school agers??? They must come in contact with medical proffesionals if the children are in school....how could this get this bad??? Are we sure this is not an internet myth?

10. A'sta at Hofstead

A'sta at Hofstead Turkey Wrangler

my 3 yo is a PEANUT and he weighs 29 lbs! She should be starved herself.

11. texican

texican Well-Known Member

She's a vegan... she should be in a reeducation camp, or in a psychiatric ward, not prison... of course, all vegans should have screening, if they get pregnant...to make sure they're not drinking the total koolaid package.

I'm sorry, vegetarians and esp. vegans, imho, have mental issues... they've carried their nutritional issues to a religous level.

Since she is in prison, hopefully all she'll be fed is pork beef and chicken....

12. MicheleMomof4

MicheleMomof4 Well-Known Member

Whoa. I have a 5 month old that weighs 24 pounds. I hope she learns from her mistakes in prison. I am praying for her children, poor babies!
    God Bless,
    Michele

13. BAmaBubba

BAmaBubba Homestead Dreamer

For once, the stupids in the INjustice system did it right. My 7yo is skinny as a rail and ways well over 60 lbs. My 4yo is rock solid, not skinny but not anywhere CLOSE to fat, and weighs 52. My almost 3yo is as skinny as his big brother and weighs 37lbs. This woman had to have literally fed these kids nothing but water and vitamins. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

14. Dixielee

Dixielee Well-Known Member

Texican states...
    She's a vegan... she should be in a reeducation camp, or in a psychiatric ward, not prison... of course, all vegans should have screening, if they get pregnant...to make sure they're not drinking the total koolaid package.

I'm sorry, vegetarians and esp. vegans, imho, have mental issues... they've carried their nutritional issues to a religous level.

Since she is in prison, hopefully all she'll be fed is pork beef and chicken....

My 33 year old daughter and her husband are vegetarians, mostly vegan, altho they do eat eggs from my free range, happy chickens.

They are both of normal weight, healthy, active and lead very busy lives. Their diet is their own concern, and it does not impact anyone else. They have meat eating friends and family.

I have eaten many "vegan" meals at their house and never felt deprived. She uses a very wide variety of colorful and flavorful foods. They use milk, it is just made from soy. They use butter, it is just made from olive oil. They eat protein, it is derived from many sources. You don't need to kill a cow to be healthy.

Yes, some may take their eating habits to extremes. Look at the number of people in this country with eating disorders. Look at the number of people in the world who have issues with alcohol, gambling, politics, religion or other disorders.

Let's don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Yes, this woman was a child abuser. But being vegan probably had nothing to do with it.

15. patnewmex

patnewmex Jane of all trades

Most of the vegetarians I personally know, some of them vegans, are overweight with ONE exception. Healthy my hinder.

Pat

16. TaylorMade

TaylorMade Zone 2

Pat, I was going to say the same thing! :) :)

17. georgec

georgec Well-Known Member

I married a vegan, I guess that makes me a vegan because she does the cooking. Our three kids are very healthy, the Dr. and Dentist are always very impressed. We are not fanatical about it, we just choose not to eat meat. We have plenty of friends that eat meat. We will on occasion have eggs, or maybe some cheese (pizza), just not very often.

Vegetarians live on average 10 years longer than meat eaters. Hey, I'll give up hamburger to live an extra 10 years. What's the biggest killer in the US? Heart disease. What's the main cause of heart disease? Collesteral. Where does collesteral come from? Animal products.

So, does wanting to live longer with better quality of life = mental problems?

18. Cheryl in SD

Cheryl in SD Living in the Hills Supporter

My terribly underweight celiac dd still weighs 57 pounds at 10. We moniter her very closely & it destresses me to see her that thin. I cannot imagine a mother thinking that a 33 pound 11 yo is OK?? I had mine into the doctor as soon as she started losing weight.

19. georgec

georgec Well-Known Member

If you stop eating meat, but continue to eat lots of refined sugar and flour that can happen. I know a lot more overweight meat eaters than vegetarians.

20. gleanerl

gleanerl USMC can't fix stupid(s)

so you can kill plants but not meat?
    butter is a by-product from a live animal, yet olive oil butter is better?
    people have canine teeth, hence the want/need for meat.
    guess the tree huggers know more than mother nature... :rolleyes: