Rabbit cage instructions?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by trinityoaks, Oct 7, 2008.

1. trinityoaks

trinityoaks Budding homesteader

I got a HomeRigHouse rabbit cage from TSC (was told to stay away from another brand), but it came with no instructions! I searched their Web site, but the link under "Rabbit Care" just gives a blank page, and the item number isn't listed in the search function. Most of it looks pretty straight-forward, but I don't know how to keep the J-clips fastened. Do I need a special tool for that?

I got this one mainly to see how to put one together, but I want to make the rest of ours (actually, my son is going to make them for a Scout project). I found most of the materials, but I don't know where to find the latches or the material to put around the edges of the doorway of the cage.

2. MaggieJ

MaggieJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Here's a link to some cage finishing products from Bass.

http://www.bassequipment.com/Home/Cage+Components/default.aspx

Bass Equipment is by no means the only supplier around, but they are a big one and it gives you someplace to start. I have never dealt with them so this is not an endorsement and I am offering it only to get the ball rolling.

3. YuccaFlatsRanch

YuccaFlatsRanch Well-Known Member Supporter

There are special J clip pliers. Almost impossible without them. Piece of cake with them. Don't buy the cheap ones.

4. trinityoaks

I went to Gebo's to look at the pliers. They also had packages of J clips, but they're MUCH smaller than the clips that came with the cage. The ones in the kit are about 2" long and about 3/4" wide. I think the pliers I saw would work, but I'm going to go to TSC and look at the pliers there, as well.

5. trinityoaks

Oooh, lotsa good stuff! Thanks for the link! I saw diagrams on putting the cage together, but I'll have to look some more to see whether they have details on fastening the clips.

6. Bernadette

Bernadette Enjoying Polish Rabbits

That material to go around the edge of the doors? Priceless stuff! Saves more scratches than imaginable!

7. luvzmybabz

luvzmybabz Well-Known Member

TSC _ customer service 1-877-872-7721 PS Keep every receipt from them. I know that manufature warranties through the company, I have a egg turner I bought 11 months ago went out TSC will exchange with receipt.