put 'EASY' on the label..make it EASY!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by mamita, Jan 26, 2011.

1. mamita

mamita Well-Known Member Supporter

yes, ladies, I'm cleaning my oven. now...I'm not as natural as some. don't cook on a woodstove or anything. but...didn't want some big monster with bells and whistles either. so I stomped my foot at the salesman and insisted on my tiny little electric stove. yes...the kind most women would never want...a little baby. it still cooks a full-grown turkey, so it spoke to me. however, it means cleaning the oven. and I do this A LOT. A LOT. little. tiny. oven. to. clean. yet....even tho I do it allllllll the time...it is such a chore! 'easy-off'. hardly!

song in my head today...'nobody knows the trouble I've seen...' lol

2. Madame

Madame Well-Known Member Supporter

What? People clean stoves? Really?

You might try this:

"To clean my oven, I sprinkle baking soda all over the bottom until it is covered completely with about 1/4 of an inch of baking soda. Then, using a clean spray bottle, I spray the baking soda with water until the baking soda is thoroughly damp but not flooded. After that, this lazy cleaner goes off and does other things. When I think of it, I dampen the baking soda again if it is drying out. Before I go to bed, I do that again. When I wake up in the morning, the baking soda can effortlessly be scooped out of the oven with a sponge, bringing all the grime with it. That’s it! The only downside is that you need to rinse out the white residue left by the baking soda, but it sure beats Turkey à La Oven Cleaner because there are no fumes!"

I found it at Care2.com

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011

3. Trisha in WA

Trisha in WA Well-Known Member Supporter

mamita, I HATE cleaning ovens! HATE IT!!! I don't think there is a worse task on earth.

Madame, the sides get dirty and greasy too here anyway. What about that?

4. mamita

yep..have done the 'easy' baking soda remedy, too. without the 'easy'. :) I thought if I cleaned it all the time, THAT would make things EASY. ugh. no............

5. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

I hate it too.

Bought a self cleaning oven.

6. mamita

I didn't want a self-cleaning oven, but.....I sure would love to know what works easy for cleaning! I don't mind the effort, as long as it WORKS without heavy equipment. lol!

7. Madame

Madame Well-Known Member Supporter

So? A little grease makes the food easier to swallow. :-D

Seriously, I rarely use the oven, so it's not much of a problem.

8. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

How about using a steam cleaner? I use it on my microwave, fridge, sink and stove (windows, window sills, toilet seat, sink, shower, bathtub,.....).

9. jwal10

jwal10 Well-Known Member Supporter

10. limey

limey Well-Known Member

I'm with Madame - hardly ever use the oven. When I clean it I usually have to vacuum the cobwebs :shocked: and that's it :dance:

Limey