Munising rolling pins??

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Queen Bee, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

Does anyone collect these, have information or know where I can find a list of the rolling pin handle colors?? I have just started collecting rolling pins. Because the Munising pins were made in the USA and are signed--I thought that might be a nice place to start. I have one each --green, red and natural handles. Is there different colors of the green? How about black? I know they have blue--saw one for $50.00 :nono:. thank you for any and all help.. Queen Bee

2. sewing nana

sewing nana Well-Known Member

Google Munising. Lots of info on there. I have a bowl. I think I will list on ebay.

3. jukebox

jukebox Well-Known Member

http://www.algercounty.com/woodenware/
    This web site may hold some information for you.

I have Munising pins but most because of there age and use are in very poor condition when I get them. Have a lathe in my shop where they are reconditioned and new handle retaining pins are made. Some pins I keep original and some are spiced up. Have some colors Munising never thought of, how is that for rare? These pins are for my enjoyment and use.

Mr. Jukebox

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Queen Bee

Thank you, both. Mr. Jukebox --your pins are beautiful.. I love YOUR different colors- I see different styles-are they all Munising? Or different brands? Thanks again..QB

5. cow whisperer

cow whisperer Loving My Life... Supporter

I do collect rolling pins also..... all picked up mostly at flea markets or auctions..... A few purchased on E~bay..... I was unaware that are diffrent "brands"..... How do you tell? I need to check all mine..... I have about 40, displayed in crocks and old canners in my kitchen.....

6. jukebox

jukebox Well-Known Member

Different brands shown.
    Munising did have handle variations as well as end configurations.

7. Queen Bee

CW, yes there are different manufactures for rolling pins. Munising has their name 'branded' on the flat end of the roller. Most early (1900-1920) production pieces aren't branded-signed-etc.

I am just starting to do research and collect--so I am trying to find out as much as possible,, I would love to see other's collections as well. Thank you QB

8. NWoods_Hippie

NWoods_Hippie Well-Known Member

How interesting, I have had a wooden bowl for years that a client gave me, it is stamped Munising on the bottom. I don't live that far from Munising Michigan but never thought that these things are collectable....hmmm.

Margie