Most Entertaining Goat Names

Discussion in 'Goats' started by where I want to, Mar 26, 2012.

1. where I want to

where I want to Well-Known Member

Although I'm not really good at it, I love funny goat names given by others.
    My favorite was a wether named Vincent Van Goatie.
    I'm sure there must be many out there................

2. thaiblue12

thaiblue12 Enabler!

My one Nigerian buck had coffee colors so we called him Stink-a-ccino.

My first buck was such an awful pest so I called him something like Mr. Stinky Bbq and threatened to roast him almost daily.

Not as cool as Vincent Van Goatie but that's all I got :)

nehimama likes this.

3. chewie

chewie Well-Known Member Supporter

well, sorry, I don't have any for goaties, but we had a cranky appy once called alpo!

nehimama likes this.
  4. wolffeathers

wolffeathers Well-Known Member Supporter

Our scrub goats had fun names. Cupcake gave birth to the twin doelings Itchy and Scratchy. Then the feral doe a red spotted was named The Wild One, she gave birth to a single doeling named The Other. So we had Cupcake, Itchy, Scratchy, The Wild One and The Other.

5. DamnearaFarm

DamnearaFarm aka RamblinRoseRanc :) Supporter

Not goat names but a friend named her antwerp roos Twirpy and Wyatt Twerp. We have two buff brahmas that go broody named Brahma Mama and Crazy Mother Clucker (and when she has chicks it's Crazy Mother Clucker and the Psycho Chicks).

nehimama likes this.
  6. Cliff

Cliff Well-Known Member

Had an old doe named Houdini once. She earned that name.

7. InHisName

InHisName Well-Known Member Supporter

Our LaMancha is named Golda Meir-

8. jd4020

jd4020 Well-Known Member Supporter

I named my first LaMancha girl Nubbins (Nubby for short) because of her tiny ears and small teats. Names just seem to happen as I talk to my critters.
    My newest little LaMancha buckling is a white & pale tan mix color and as he follows me around whilst I do chores, Benny is the name that seems to fit.
    One of our tomcats was black & white but the colors were arranged on his body as if he were wearing a tuxedo. He had impeccable manners. His name was Sir Thomas and I always told him he was always appropriately dressed for any occasion. :)
    I do enjoy choosing names, seeing what emerges.
    God bless,
    jd

9. Donna1982

Donna1982 Well-Known Member Supporter

We have a gogurt named after the yogurt kids eat. I have two chickens named cow and chicken. We had a goat named almost, nehi, Dr pepper and Mr pib... Actually all the sodas. I named a boer mom had runway because that's all she did run away from you. mom had a nubian doeling named baby leg, Mr bean and tuff n enough. Yeah I could keep going lol

10. Oat Bucket Farm

Oat Bucket Farm Well-Known Member Supporter

We had a litter of four little black kittens named, Who,What,When and Where. We had another litter of three named Q-Tip, Kleenex, and Charmin. Their mother abandoned them, sadly, only Kleenex lived. I have a cat now named Cheez-It.

The goats all have standard type names. Unless you count the buck we had named BigWig for the curly bunch of hair on his head. The first time I saw him it made me think of the rabbit by that name in Watership Down.

nehimama likes this.
  11. LFRJ

LFRJ Well-Known Member Supporter

We have an Otis-the-Goatis here.

nehimama and VA Susan like this.
  12. Sonshine

Sonshine Well-Known Member Supporter

Not a goat name, but had a cockatiel once we named Cockatiel Dundee because we got him in Dundee Florida.

13. IndyGardenGal

IndyGardenGal Crazy Goat Lady Supporter

Freezer Fred is our wether.

Steph in MT, nehimama and volchitsa like this.
  14. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

My herd queen is named Many Troubles. Her daughter is Airin' My Troubles.

My buck is named Kalimac Randybuck (a play on Tolkien's character Meriadoc Brandybuck, b/c Mac is one randy buck!) I often call him Mr Beardsley b/c of his long beard.

nehimama likes this.
  15. Goat Servant

Goat Servant Well-Known Member Supporter

LOL everyone! Our barn kitties are Wyld Thang & Barn Potato, he's fat & lazy.
    The rest have dull names like Girlie Neicey & Purrball.
    The buck's real name is Auto Repeater but he's my Big Baby Automobile.
    Friends had hogs named Hammy Swinette & Menacum Bacon.

Steph in MT and nehimama like this.
  16. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

I love cockatiel dundee. hahahaha! Makes me want a cockatiel.

I don't have any funny names for the goats, but I'm tempted to 'name' our boer doeling with lamancha ears 'nubbins' now. :D She's not staying here so I feel I could name her what I wanted until her new owners name her 'for real'. :D Or maybe I'll keep it for one of my own. :D

I do song names recently. My alpine doeling is Long Tall Sally, and my boer doeling I'm keeping is Dixieland Delight. My yearling boer buck is SJE CountryView's I'm a Ramblin' Man (barn name Waylon). Waylon kinda got his name because he lets out the most sorrowful wail whenever he wants attention, almost could imagine him singing a sad country song. :D

My yearling alpine buck is Giesler's Sharp Dressed Man (though he doesn't have a ZZ top name... Maybe I should've called him ZZ... darn, didn't think of that until JUST now. hahah!) He's got the least 'tude of ALL my goats on the farm, so maybe a ZZ top song wasn't the best choice for him. :D

nehimama and Goat Servant like this.
  17. colemangirly

colemangirly Well-Known Member

My son just named our two recent twins, Mocha Bean, and Frappacchino (sp?)

Mocha Bean is a chocolate agouti, and Frapp is a red agouti with white spots and freckles all over.

nehimama likes this.
  18. The Tin Mom

The Tin Mom Hate Oz. Took the shoes. Supporter

Dh and Dd13 are the clever ones with names here. We have a chicken named Led Zeppelin. (who can tell me why?). And two guineas. The girl had a bad leg so I started calling her Peggy. Then Dd13 named the boy Stew - so now the guineas are Peggy & Stew.

The pigs were Pork and Beans.

The goats pretty much have standard names.

nehimama likes this.
  19. Steph in MT

Steph in MT Well-Known Member

My meat goat baby daddy is named Cabrito (Spanish for goat meat)~ He himself won't be cabrito, but his children will. Ouch... that sounds so harsh...

20. Eunice

Eunice Well-Known Member

My daughter has grown and moved on, but we sure did have fun naming the babies every year. I will soon be asking for her help with new kiddies. In the past be have had twins Peanut and Butter, Marshmallow and Pudding, quads - Zip, Zap, Zing and Zoom, triplets - Tic, Tac, Toe and Raspberry, Blueberry, Huckleberry out of Blackberry. We usually pick a theme for the year and go that direction.

nehimama likes this.