Making Primitive Decor

Discussion in 'Crafting' started by BuckCat, Jul 19, 2011.

1. BuckCat

BuckCat Active Member

Born & Raised Wildcat-- Love made me a Buckeye
    Hello, I am planning on decorating our living room and kitchen/dining area with a rustic, primitive theme. However, I am NOT going to pay 100's of dollars to do so! LOL Does anyone know of craft suppliers that offer stencils, paints, patterns, etc. at decent prices that more primitive? I am on a budget and can't afford 20-30 bucks per small wooden sign or block set with a cute saying on it-- I'd rather make it myself!

2. Tinker

Tinker Well-Known Member Supporter

3. BuckCat

BuckCat Active Member

Born & Raised Wildcat-- Love made me a Buckeye
    Thank you SO much tinker! You are great!

4. Wisconsin Ann

Wisconsin Ann Happy Scrounger

Another place you can check is http://www.favecrafts.com/

very simple stuff. often it's sponsored by styrofoam.com, so they tend to use styrofoam stuff, and various paints.....but it's great for patterns and ideas. Organized by lots of "types"....if you're looking for christmas ideas, or holiday ideas, or bedroom, or bathroom, or kitchen, or by knitting, crochet, painting....

I use it for ideas and the occasional pattern.

You can also buy stencil material blank, and cut your own stencil if you have a computer to print out a design on.

To make a cohesive house, you can choose one or two designs and use them in different colors or sizes throughout the house...stencil on signs, chair backs...embroider or crossstitch on towels...stencil or embroider on curtains, etc. Emboss on copper or aluminum sheets for your cupboards, or framed for wall art....ot punched in tin sheets for same.

5. my3boys

my3boys Well-Known Member

I love primitive decor. Do you have any specific types of things you are interested in doing? Dolls, rugs, quilts, etc.?

Please post some pictures of your projects whenever you get to them!

Carol

6. shanzone2001

shanzone2001 Well-Known Member

I buy a lot of items from Factory Direct Crafts. They have great prices.

7. Just Little Me

Just Little Me Well-Known Member Supporter

I use the black meat trays to make home made block stamps. Linner from bacon or even cereal wax paper such will do a stencil