How does a person 100 years old dress?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Jackie, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Jackie

Jackie Well-Known Member

I am supposed to dress DD8 up tomorrow to look as if she is 100. She has long hair so I plan on putting it in a bun and putting baby powered in her hair to make it grey. She already wears glasses. My mind is kinda fried today and I can't think of what else to do. I assume she should wear a dress.....or a long skirt...? I keep thinking I am supposed to dress her up as if its 100 years ago, but thats not what the paper says. She is supposed to BE 100. ugh.

2. gone-a-milkin

gone-a-milkin Well-Known Member Supporter

Elderly women dress WARM.
    I think as long as she has the grey hair and maybe a cane?
    A nice granny-type sweater and a long skirt or dress if you have it.

She will be fine. :)

3. Miz Mary

Miz Mary Well-Known Member Supporter

Moomoo dress ?? Polyester pants ??? a cardigan sweater .... sweats ?!

4. mrs.H

mrs.H Romans 8:28

She will need a decorative chain for her glasses. I don't know what they are called, but you wear them with your reading glasses. So you don't lose your glasses when you take them off. I bought mine at the dollar store ;) .

5. beccachow

beccachow Animal Addict Supporter

Let's see. If she is one hundred, she will need a cane. A hat, like a straw hat with a flower, that sort of thing. Layers, scarves. Clunky shoes. BIG purse.

6. barnyardgal

barnyardgal Well-Known Member

I have a 100 year old lady that lives down the road from me she will be 101 in July..

She wears pants and a long sleeve blouse with sometimes a jacket & or a vest depending on the weather..her shoes are some sort of flats not really dress shoes either.

she does use a walker and wears what i call normal eye glasses and she has grey short hair..

she is very country & lives on a farm still by herself & gets around pretty good for 'her age'..

Hope this helps ya some...

7. Oggie

Oggie Waste of bandwidth Supporter

She could make some sort of an extra pair of legs with hooves and also decorate her shoes to look like hooves.

Then she could tie the extra legs to her waist, somehow, perhaps using sticks to make them a little more stiff.

Her torso would sort of rise above that rig. A sword and a shield might be a nice touch.

Oh wait ...

I think that would be a centaur, not a centarian.

Never mind.

Perhaps it might be better if she just wore a golf shirt, plaid Bermuda shorts, black dress socks and sandals. It might help if she occasionally yells, "You kids turn that noise down! And get the heck outta my yard!"

Or, she could just wear a Tea Party t-shirt.

8. beccachow

:doh:

9. soulsurvivor

soulsurvivor Well-Known Member Supporter

Sounds as though she's well on her way to looking the part with the hair bun and "grey" hair. But can she act like a 100 yr old might act? This requires saying "heh?" to most all questions asked of you. That would be the clencher. Not every 100 yr old hobbles or limps, but most do require good sturdy shoes on their feet. They're usually black and you have to wear them with white socks.

10. jwal10

jwal10 Well-Known Member Supporter

Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies in a wheel chair....James

11. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

tell her to feel free to take a short nap whenever and wherever she has the inkling to.

12. Heritagefarm

Heritagefarm Pro-facter Supporter

I don't think plastic had been invented then!:D

13. glazed

glazed Tough Girl, Be Gentle

And, as evident by the loose pile bunched around a frail ankle, the elastic is out on one of them.

:donut:

14. unregistered65598

unregistered65598 Guest

15. chickenmommy

chickenmommy nosey, but disinterested Supporter

Use a light brown eyeshadow to brush laugh lines on near her mouth, some horizontal wrinkles across her forehead, some dark circles under her eyes, that kind of thing. Don't forget to do some small dots of different shades of brown around her hairline to look like those tiny moles and age spots.

16. beccachow

And most importantly, don't forget to piost a pic here tomorrow!

17. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member Supporter

When I did a 75 year old (30 years more than my age) I used white tempera paint for the white hair washed out great and drew wrinkles in all my laugh lines- dunno if an 8 yo has any but you can crinkle your own face and try to use light brown eye liner to draw some of those in on her lightly. I was for stage so the lines were ridiculous (raccoon stripes almost) close up but looked like wrinkles in audience. If she's going to be on stage think of how she'll look 40' away like me and overdraw the lines.

18. Jackie

Jackie Well-Known Member

lol! She does the hunched over 'heh?' thing all the time on her own. She is a bit of a weird kid.

19. Callieslamb

Callieslamb Well-Known Member

Dh's grandmother is 102. She wears polyester pants, a long sleeved button-up front blouse and a sweater. Her hair is gray, her shoes are slip ons. And if you're lucky- you will beat her up the stairs.

20. Jackie

Jackie Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! My fiance used to work in a nursing home and he said sweat pants, slippers and a diaper and she will be set!

:S

I dont have any 'shoes' she could wear, but I have pink cowboy boot slippers or little black ballet type slippers.

She isn't on stage. Its just the class celebrating 100 days of school and all the kids in grade 1 and 2 are dressing up just for fun.

Most 100 year old ladies I knew at a nursing home wore rainbow stuff and bows in their hair and stuff. Kinda like a kid again.

THe long skirt she has is camo! Can she wear a camo skirt? lol!