How do you get motivated?

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Forum' started by TxHorseMom, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Nsoitgoes

Nsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Another problem for me is that my Sweetie is a wonderful cook and although he really, really tries to keep within my guidelines he doesn't really fully grasp the ketogenic concept, despite the list of allowed foods displayed prominently on his fridge. Lol. That he is thin as a rail and simply CANNOT gain weight despite a daily calorie intake that would last me a week doesn't help. I feed him up like a prize hog (lol) with plenty of home made bread, desserts and ice cream to no avail, meanwhile wishing for just a taste or two. And occasionally succumbing.

MoBookworm1957 and COSunflower like this.
  2. light rain

light rain Well-Known Member

Is it his metabolism that prevents him from gaining weight ? Does he feel good eating that much processed food and hi carbs?

MoBookworm1957 likes this.

3. Nsoitgoes

Nsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Yes, he has the metabolism I would kill for. No processed food here. I make everything from scratch. Most of the fruits for desserts were grown in my garden, cream for the ice cream is from a local farm and the eggs from my chickens. Flour, yeast and sugar I have to get from the store

4. Benjamin Romine

Benjamin Romine New Member

How about changing the type of exercise you are doing. The change will keep you interested. Also, make a completely new, healthy dish that is delicious!
    I think you'll find that the feeling you have will always be present, but you need to learn that you can control it, push it to the side and keep moving forward. Focusing your energy on persisting with an activity will help you learn how to do that.
    What I would recommend is that you to listen to the professionals in motivation. My friend advised me to go on courses for this ghinsberg.com motivational coach.

5. Terri

Terri Singletree Moderator Staff Member

I got through Easter with just a few slips. We had cake for dessert but it was a small cake, and when I looked for leftover cake the next day the last piece had been eaten in the middle of the night, as had the last of the Easter candy. Which was hard but I actually PLANNED the amount I had so that would occur. So I ate sweets on Easter but I have found that one day will not sabotage my diet, though having it around the house WILL!

As usual I was too lazy to go to town to buy sweets, so that worked out very well! And I am almost entirely back on track, now.

CountryMom22 likes this.