Hello from Southeast Missouri

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by deeDidee, Dec 6, 2016.

1. deeDidee

deeDidee New Member

Hello my name is Diana. I am from Southeast Missouri. I live on 82 acres of beautiful Missouri land. I love the hills and the woods. I have been wanting to homestead for some years but have never really been able too. But now that I have the land I am going to make it work somehow, someway! I have started my farm with 18 chickens, 2 pigs and 4 rabbits. lol I have so many questions!! I am so happy to be a part of a community that helps each other and helps newbies to learn.

dsmythe likes this.
  2. obleo+6

obleo+6 Well-Known Member

Welcome, welcome, welcome...in southern, central MO myself.

3. Jollyhomestead

Jollyhomestead Well-Known Member

Welcome, Diana! I envy your large property. It sounds like you have a lot of potential and I look forward to hearing your progress.

Kathie
    www.jollyhomesteading.com

dsmythe likes this.
  4. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Welcome! I always consider SE Missouri Bootheal but sounds like you are more West.

big rockpile

5. JudyM

JudyM Well-Known Member

Welcome from another Missourian! I have NO land but my son has an acre that he lets mekeep my 10 hens, 3 roosters - yes 3 - and 3 bunnies. I sure wish I had some land!

6. thestartupman

thestartupman Well-Known Member

7. Hoofy

Hoofy Member

Hello from another SE MO!! I too am in the hills....or, as we say, the foothills of the Ozarks! Have patience with yourself, the many things you want to do will happen, just go slow to avoid mistakes.....try things before you fully commit to them.

I too envy your large acreage!! I only have 6 acres>>>but it is enough for now!