I wasn't sure which sticky this belongs in, if at all, but knowing that some people here feed their buns willow, I wanted to share this info. Lately, I've been reading a lot on different herbs and their use, and came across this document. It's mostly about Salicylic acid in cosmetics, but there is some info on tests done in rats for reproductive and other toxicity as related to internal use of Salicylic acid. It appears, that Salicylic acid is mutagenic, teratogenic, and may be toxic. Of course, all depending on the amount. It appears that it may cause resorption of fetuses, birth defects, and decreased growth rates or even death in the young. It also may cause toxicity and acidosis in adults, and prolonged gestation and parturition, with possible hemorrhaging and the loss of the babies. IDK if there is a good way to measure the amount of Salicylic acid ingested by rabbits through the eating of willow twigs, so I really can't figure out if there is a "safe" amount to feed. Could this mean that one shouldn't be feeding willow to pregnant does? IDK, but people that do could certainly check it out, if they are curious. Most of the info about this is from the middle and towards the end of the paper. Are there any scientists here, who can shed more light on this?