Farriers

Discussion in 'Equine' started by Momto5, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Momto5

Momto5 Well-Known Member

It seems from this forum and from speaking with fellow Equine owners in our area GOOD farriers are hard to come by. I have already recommended mine to 4 or 5 people in our home area and 3 that I know of have now been using him.
    I would gladly recommend him on here as well for any others living in NY he is near Corning and travels up to 2 hours away.
    Just wondering if maybe it would be a good idea to start a farrier recommendation thread???Or if it would even be allowed?
    Again just a thought, but I would rather have it done right the first time, than learn from someone elses mistakes.

2. wr

wr Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I guess I'd be the guy to answer part of that. On one level, I think it would be very nice to find a way to help members to find a good farrier but I don't feel it is fair to post someone's name and phone number without their consent.

If we could find a way to make that work, I'd be more than fine with the thread but if one person posts anything negative or derogatory, I will delete the entire thread.

3. DamnearaFarm

DamnearaFarm aka RamblinRoseRanc :) Supporter

Maybe a DM type thing? 'I have a great farrier and he works in 'this' area... if you're interested, send me a message' - something like that, maybe?

If so... I have farrier for you folks near me, lol.

4. Momto5

Momto5 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea...so if anyone needs a farrier in the Central NY area PM me. My guy has already said he doesnt mind me posting his email.

5. wr

wr Moderator Staff Member Supporter

RamblinRoseRanc, that works for me.

6. DamnearaFarm

DamnearaFarm aka RamblinRoseRanc :) Supporter

Cool. That's good.

My farrier covers pretty much all of east TN- from individuals to stables- as a matter of fact, he now does the horses for Cades Cove riding stables.

7. saanengirl

saanengirl Well-Known Member

I have an awesome farrier in Middle Ga. I don't know how many new clients he would be willing to take on, however, since he recently inherited many clients from another farrier who is moving out of state.

8. mesa123

mesa123 Well-Known Member

I also have an awesome farrier in SW Ohio. Best I've ever had. Reliable, quick and affordable. I've been using him for close to 8 years.