Don't ask, don't check and don't question

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by where I want to, Jul 9, 2014.

1. where I want to

where I want to Well-Known Member

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/uncle-sam-made-100b-in-improper-payments-last-year-agencies-estimate/
    Seems the US government pays billions incorrectly. That means without proper documentation at best or simply fraud at worst. And, as far as I can tell, these figures do not include the huge unverificable mess that is Obamacare.

There is a sort of vague idea among people with active social agendas that it is better to pay a hundred people money they shouldn't get than to not pay one person who meets the criteria of the program. And that questioning people is an automatic violation of their human rights.

So the results are that it is much easier for the government to avoid media criticism by overpaying people, who rarely complain to the press that they got more than they were due, than to pay for procedures that will inevitably result in someone complaining how the mean, nasty government screwed them over. The end result of this vague do-good idea is that it does more than pay out other people's money wastefully, it also creates a culture where theft is thought to be an actual right.

Congress should never approve a giving away of money without paying for and requiring a quality control procedure that works. If there is no way to verify, then that should be a red flag that it is not a good idea.

2. copperkid3

copperkid3 Well-Known Member

Here's another thought on how to cut gooberment waste.

All those various agencies that were created to 'solve' the

"problem of the moment", when they have either taken care

of said problem (or when the harsh realty comes out,
    that they can NEVER solve the problem), then steps need

to be implemented immediately, that those agencies are terminated!

Make work to justify an agencies existance is not a solution to the problem . . .

it has only created another problem and yet another millstone around the taxpayer's neck.

DAVID In Wisconsin and MJsLady like this.

3. Ozarks Tom

Ozarks Tom Well-Known Member

Funny (coincidental) you should start this thread.

This morning my wife, who's a Workers Comp Adjuster, was talking about a large prescription bill Walgreens sent to them, although it had nothing to do with the claim, and had already been paid by the prescriptee.

She spent 1 1/2 hours getting it straightened out, after being passed to 5 different people at Walgreens home office.

Anyone want to bet how many times that happens in government?

MJsLady and Sawmill Jim like this.
  4. Ozarks Tom

Ozarks Tom Well-Known Member

When you read about 20,000+ IRS tax refund checks being sent to one address, totaling millions of dollars, you have to wonder how much a 14 year old would charge to write a program flagging duplicate addresses.

MJsLady and Sawmill Jim like this.