Buying bulk wheat grains in Georgia

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by suehi, Apr 29, 2006.

1. suehi

suehi Active Member

I am having a hard time finding wheat grains in Georgia. So, I am looking at ordering from Walton’s. I was looking at their shipping information and it is confusing. They say that you can call them for help. It is Saturday and they are closed. Can anyone tell me how much it could possibly cost to order 1 6 gallon hard red wheat super pail and the back to basics hand grain grinder? I had a subtotal of $78+/- but I am curious about the shipping cost. Also, is the back to basics grain mill a good mill? It will be used only for emergencies. But function matters even then.

Suehi

2. Sherrynboo

Sherrynboo Well-Known Member Supporter

What part of GA are you in? I have heard that you can buy the grain and hand millers over in Woodbury which is in the West Central part of the state. Don't know about the prices but could find out Monday from the lady at the feed store.

Sherry in GA

3. suehi

suehi Active Member

I am in North Georgia. I am probably 30 min from the University of Georgia, in small town called Commerce Georgia. I would love to have the information if you can get it.

Thanks,

Suehi :)

4. JGex

JGex Pragmatist

Suehi,

I live in Commerce, too. I just joined a buying club that orders every other month that has a catalog full of bulk items & most of them are organic. I go to pick up my first order on Wednesday in Gainesville!! A 25# bag of organic wheat berries is $18.99, if that gives you an idea of the pricing.

I'll pm you my email address if you are interested.

5. suehi

suehi Active Member

jGex, I would love to have the information. Do they have a website.

Thanks,

Suehi :)

6. claytonpiano

claytonpiano Well-Known Member Supporter

Bulk grains www.breadbeckers.com They are located in Atlanta and I order from them here in NC. They are great to deal with. You can visit their web site for price, etc.

7. JGex

JGex Pragmatist

I sent you the coordinator's email. It may take a few days, but she'll get back to you!!

claytonpiano, great link... thanks!

8. suehi

suehi Active Member

Thanks jGex,

Thanks Clayonpiano

Homesteading today members rock :rock:

Suehi