A Few Pics, Maybe Signs of Spring

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Timberline, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Timberline

Timberline Keeper of the Cow

I thought I'd share a few pics from the past week or two from around the place. I'm getting spring fever!

Gee, I wonder if she's pregnant? :hysterical: My old girl will be 15 this spring and this will be her 12 or 13th calf. She's due in about a month. Calves are a sure sign of spring.
    [​IMG]

Mule deer at sunset on the hill above the house. The deer have had an easy winter so far, we've had very little snow, and it melts off within a couple of days. The does look real good right now, should be lots of fawns this spring.
    [​IMG]

I took a walk through the lower pastures to check fences. The creek with the peak behind looked pretty.
    [​IMG]

Today I noticed some of my onions were sprouting. I removed them for immediate use and to dehydrate. This is what I have left, about 25 pounds. I grew yellow, white and reds last year.
    [​IMG]

My little tomatoes are getting off to a good start. I planted this Brown Berry tomato on Dec 28. It's hard to see, but it has it's first blossoms near the top.
    [​IMG]

2. ChickadeeL

ChickadeeL Well-Known Member

3. Oggie

Oggie Waste of bandwidth Supporter

I hope that even on the days during which every silly thing seems to be going wrong that you can find the strength of mind just to pause and appreciate the beauty that surrounds you.

That crisp, clear, dry air must be truly amazing!

4. Timberline

Timberline Keeper of the Cow

Thanks, Oggie. The mountains are my solace, they never cease to uplift me. Sounds corny, but it's true.

5. Wildwood Flower

Wildwood Flower Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK

I live in Oregon part time, and Oklahoma part time
    Gorgeous photos. Makes me itchy for Spring as well. Thanks for sharing.