300 goats for sale in Minnesota

Discussion in 'Goats' started by tinknal, Jun 3, 2011.

1. tinknal

tinknal Well-Known Member Supporter

Just thought I'd post this in case someonbe is thinking about getting into goats in a big way.

300+ Goats (Elrosa, MN)
    Date: 2011-06-01, 6:54AM CDT
    Reply to: sale-m5fpp-2414226083@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    300+ Goats for Sale. Mixed Dairy and Meat Breeds. Ages 1 to 6 years old. Asking $115 each on up. Prefer whole herd sale, will consider 25+ goats at a time. Also have steel tubing for fences and a disbudder for sale. Goat Meat Market is expanding and this is the perfect way to get started. Call Kristy (320)351-4583 for more information.

http://stcloud.craigslist.org/grd/2414226083.html

2. ghmerrill

ghmerrill Well-Known Member Supporter

Dont mind the abscess or the lumps.... They have never caused any problems.....

When I see things like this, it always makes me wonder...

3. tinknal

There is a good sized Somali population nearby, it could be a good plan.

4. dosthouhavemilk

dosthouhavemilk Well-Known Member Supporter

How do we know they abcesses and lumps? We have over 200 goats on the place currently and have no signs of CL. We also run both meat and dairy and have not seen signs of CL in the 12 years we've had goats.
    It certainly is worth checking, but it gets a bit old that people assume anyone with both meat and dairy goats, or anyone with any large number of goats must have CL.

5. ghmerrill

ghmerrill Well-Known Member Supporter

I've just been scammed too many times with other types of animals from "I'm retiring" operations that ended up being "I'm retiring because they are all dying"

Not saying for sure they are diseased, just my sarcastic, pessimistic world view.

6. julieq

julieq Well-Known Member Supporter

Can you imagine trimming feet or immunizing 300 goats?! You couldn't pay me enough!

7. wolffeathers

wolffeathers Well-Known Member Supporter

We know a man who has about that many here. He has a wonderful system down. He used to do cattle but said with the feed prices, you end up in the hole, so he switched to all goats.

They'll herd everyone into a bottle neck, series of gates and chutes. At the end of the chute is a squeeze chute. They'll snatch 'em, inject them with ivermectin, trim up the hooves, and turn them loose.

8. tinknal

It's all in the set up. I've processed 1200 head of cattle in 4 hours before with a good crew and set of chutes.