2017 Spring floral quilt block swap starts now

Discussion in 'Swaps/Work-Alongs/Tutorials' started by Belfrybat, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Echoesechos

Echoesechos Well-Known Member

Gilchrist... Cindilu is in Chiloquin... I have to clean my quilting room off so I can get to looking thru my fabric.. LOL Maxine I'm originally from Roseburg - Lookingglass to be specific. Family helped settle that valley..

COSunflower and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  2. Clueful

Clueful Member

Hi everyone! Received blocks for the 2017 Winter Swap. Soooooo
    pretty. Thank you to all for the time and energy that you put into the blocks.

3. rjayne

rjayne Well-Known Member

Checking in
    Just need to label my blocks and finish the hostess block.
    Have been working on a couple of other things that have a sooner deadline.

4. maxine

maxine Well-Known Member Supporter

I am think I'm going to be doing a Friendship Star too!! I will do a trial block when I get home on Friday. Can hardly wait to get sewing.. :)

COSunflower and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  5. maxine

Echo I need to look that town up on the map.. that is so cool that you used to be in this area.. I actually live in Myrtle Creek area... I used to live in the Cottage Grove area, just south of Eugene, but met this awesome man I married two years ago, so moved here.. I wish us Oregonians could get together some time.. would love to meet you & CoSunflower.. how cool would that be!!!!!!!?

6. MoBookworm1957

MoBookworm1957 Well-Known Member

Did my trial block, didn't like it.
    Crocheting right at the moment, want to winter baby blankets
    done up. Average 1 every 3 days got 10 to do for Project Linus.
    Going to rework my trial block again, all trial blocks are going into Project Linus quilts.
    So nothing goes to waste.So happy to be done ironing fabric. And costumes are done too.
    Good thing play starts this Friday.

Belfrybat likes this.
  7. Jlynnp

Jlynnp Well-Known Member

I am behind you ladies, I am finishing a couple of tops for myself for this summer so I will get started cutting and sewing next week I hope. My sister is coming for a visit next weekend and will spend a few days as she is moving to AZ and we don't know when we will see her again. Going to miss her in July and at Christmas when we go back to Michigan. We haven't always been close, intact we have had times we refused to speak to each other but she has come along way (she is bipolar and it took forever for her to get the right combination of meds plus she took advantage of our Father and ended up getting over $150,000 from him).

I will get things done up quickly once I get started.

maxine, Belfrybat and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  8. Belfrybat

Belfrybat Well-Known Member Supporter

We still have plenty of time -- around 7 weeks.
    Maxine, I'm glad you are doing a Friendship star as well. I am planning on making the sashing with friendship stars as the cornerstones. If there's anyone not familiar with this pattern, here's a video by Jenny Doan on it.

9. COSunflower

COSunflower Country Girl Supporter

All of my floral blocks are ALMOST done - will be done tonight for sure! I will square them up in the morning and put tags on them. :) I may get them mailed out tomorrow too - or Monday at the latest. Then on to the veggie blocks!!!

HorseMom and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  10. maxine

Jlynnp family can be a trial sometimes.. glad you & your sister are doing better..enjoy making your tops!!

Rjayne you ROCK!! CoSunflower is on a roll too!! WOW!!

Mo sounds like you are going in several directions at once.. and accomplishing lots.. Darn it your practice block didn't work out.. you'll get it going the way you want it to be I'm sure..

Belfry I'm glad we are both doing a Friendship Star too..
    I know once I get started they will go quickly.. I enjoy Jenny Doane too.. I have learned lots of wonderful sewing tips from her tutorials.. I'm using the instructions from the link you originally posted 're: 9 patch blocks.. I like the looks of the colors in the corners too!! Since you & I are using different fabrics, it will be fun to see how they each turn out.. :)

rjayne and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  11. Calico Katie

Calico Katie Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm leaving dark and early Monday morning to go out of town until the 1st and I won't have a computer handy. I'm taking my sewing machine and fabric and hope to get all my blocks finished if I'm not too busy playing every day. :cool: I'll be able to check in on my phone but it's a PITN to post from it so you probably won't hear from me while I'm gone. Just wanted to let you know that I didn't ride off into the sunset. 'Cause I'm going south and not west. :D

12. Belfrybat

Belfrybat Well-Known Member Supporter

Katie - I hope you have a great trip. Sew if you can, but remember the mailing date is still a while off. Not that I'm advocating procrastinating.... Although if there were an Olympic game for procrastination, I'd win the gold. :eek:

maxine, Calico Katie and COSunflower like this.
  13. COSunflower

HAVE FUN KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):)

Calico Katie likes this.
  14. maxine

Exactly Katie have fun!!!

No no Belfry.. you'd have to accept the Bronze, because I'd get the Gold hands down.. whew!!

Okay ladies I've made several sample blocks and have finally found a combination I like.. Be prepared to have your eyes blinded by the colors..!! it is bright.. !! I'm just hoping I'm not kicked out for future swaps.. :)

Calico Katie likes this.
  15. COSunflower

Since I loved my first blue and lavendar print floral blocks SO MUCH I decided to keep them!!! But.....this afternoon I cut out a second batch of floral block pieces, in much brighter colors so I think mine will fit in right along with yours Maxine!!!! I will start in sewing them up tomorrow. :) I promise not to keep this batch!:rolleyes::D

maxine, rjayne and Calico Katie like this.