20 acres and an old house

Discussion in 'Homestead Construction' started by Samhunter1, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Darren

Darren Still an :censored:

2. Samhunter1

Samhunter1 Member

Not a whole bunch completed today, but I got the side door raised, and added some paint to the siding and trim on the front.

Attached Files:

MoBookworm1957 likes this.

3. oldtruckbbq

oldtruckbbq Well-Known Member

I'd live there! Nice place.

4. Samhunter1

Samhunter1 Member

Thanks Oldtruck. This weekend I am going to try and do some post wrap, and paint the front gable and trim if the weather holds out. It is supposed to start raining on Saturday evening. If the weather is bad, I can always move to the inside and tear out the ceiling in a few rooms that are left. I also need to frame a wall in the master bath, and 3/4 bath. So I still have plenty to keep busy. I also need to order the metal to wrap the trim, and such. From rough calc it should run about 900 for the metal, but it is already bent so I don't have to try and do coil stock myself. I think it would take me a very long time to do since I don't work with it everyday.

5. Samhunter1

Samhunter1 Member

IMG_0740-3.jpg Got a little bit done this weekend. I painted the gable, did touch up on the front, and started to cut in the left side. I also started wrapping the porch posts. It was a very cold and wanting to rain kind of day for this time of year here. Maybe more will get done next weekend.

MoBookworm1957 likes this.
  6. FireMaker

FireMaker Well-Known Member Supporter

Last time I was doing stuff outside at our cabin, it was 10+ below. What's very cold?

7. Samhunter1

Samhunter1 Member

When you need to paint but it to cold for the paint.

8. Samhunter1

Samhunter1 Member

Oh and as far as 10+ below you can have that. If a person or animal were not in trouble, I would be inside. You can have that mess.

9. MoBookworm1957

MoBookworm1957 Well-Known Member

10. Samhunter1

Samhunter1 Member

I was able to get about 90 percent of the exterior painted on Sunday. I think I am going to darken the gable paint. It looks washed out to me. So I will repaint them next weekend.

11. Samhunter1

Samhunter1 Member

IMG_0752-2.jpg IMG_0747-2.jpg IMG_0755-2.jpg IMG_0762-2.jpg Went up and worked on the house some on Saturday. I was able to finish painting the main house body, and most of the trim. I repainted the front gable after having the paint tinted darker. I thought the color looked too close to the trim color. The only other painting remaining is the back gable. We had some nasty storms moving in and I did not think the back would have time to dry before the rain started. I started back working on wrapping the posts on the porch but the storms hit about 4 so I just packed up and went home.

12. Samhunter1

Samhunter1 Member

This morning I ordered the metal for the roof, and all the trim parts. So in the next month or so I should have the outside finished with all the major work.