question about VitaPick info. - Homesteading Today
Homesteading Today

Go Back   Homesteading Today > General Homesteading Forums > Homesteading Questions


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #1  
Old 07/29/05, 10:43 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,284
Question question about VitaPick info.

Does anyone know what those ads for the VitaPick and book are about without my having to buy them??? I am fighting gum disease and was wondering if this product was an answer. Any info. about this would be helpful.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07/30/05, 10:24 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,284

No one knows anything???? Please help!

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07/31/05, 09:10 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 694
vitapick

All this seems to be is a delivery system for a hydrogen peroxide and salt solution. The salt solution I would expect is the same as saline or near saline.
There is a formula that can be made using salt and water to rinse the nose and throat when you have a cold/sore throat.
You could probably do near the same with brushing and rinsing with the home made solution, but I'm not sure.
Have you checked with a dentist as to the type of gum disease and treatment.
Another little known long time product that is and has been used is ST37.
Hard to find. Non perscription. Pleasant tasting. And ver effective for various minor mouth problems.
Again the first thing you need to do and know is what you have.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07/31/05, 11:17 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,284

thank you! For this ST37 ...do I look in a health food store? is it something I would put in a Waterpick?

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08/01/05, 11:04 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Mary
thank you! For this ST37 ...do I look in a health food store? is it something I would put in a Waterpick?
You can find it in a drug store or they may have to order it for you.
The last I got I ordered directly from the company.
You can put it in a water pick or use as a mouth rinse and/or just brush while holding it in your mouth.
If you want I can find the company information, but that will be later today.
Let me know if you want or you can pm me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08/01/05, 11:22 AM
Baroness of TisaWee Farm
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: flatlands of Ohio - sigh
Posts: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Mary
No one knows anything???? Please help!
I don't know a thing about that product, but when I had braces and had a hard time brushing, I got some sort of gum problem. The dentist had me put hydrogen peroxide through my waterpik. It sure cleared it up fast!

Even now, years later, I sometimes rinse my mouth with it. Makes it really foamy, but doesn't taste bad. Rinse well.

Did you notice the main ingredient in the tooth whitener products? Hydrogen peroxide.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08/01/05, 11:29 AM
seedspreader's Avatar
AFKA ZealYouthGuy
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NW Pa./NY Border.
Posts: 11,381

Gum disease is something that should be taken seriously. The absolute best thing you can do for gum disease is to floss regularly. If you hate flossing like most americans do, I suggest floss picks, my teeth feel cleaner using these than they do brushing them and on occasions when I was in long car trips and didn't have the ability to brush (think driving straight for 12+ hours) I could and did use them and felt incredibly refreshed. My dental hygienist was really impressed with the results they have performed on my teeth and asked if I was flossing every day (she knows most people don't) I told her about the floss picks and she is a believer!

__________________

Check out "The Modern Homestead", a small, helpful, friendly forum.

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08/01/05, 11:59 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealYouthGuy
Gum disease is something that should be taken seriously. The absolute best thing you can do for gum disease is to floss regularly. If you hate flossing like most americans do, I suggest floss picks, my teeth feel cleaner using these than they do brushing them and on occasions when I was in long car trips and didn't have the ability to brush (think driving straight for 12+ hours) I could and did use them and felt incredibly refreshed. My dental hygienist was really impressed with the results they have performed on my teeth and asked if I was flossing every day (she knows most people don't) I told her about the floss picks and she is a believer!
This is assuming that you have had the problem checked by a professional and know what you are dealing with and hopefully why you have the condition/problem/disease.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08/02/05, 01:00 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc623
You can find it in a drug store or they may have to order it for you.
The last I got I ordered directly from the company.
You can put it in a water pick or use as a mouth rinse and/or just brush while holding it in your mouth.
If you want I can find the company information, but that will be later today.
Let me know if you want or you can pm me.
thanks for the info....please send me the particulars on the ST37 if you have time. The Doc said I just have gingivitus but that is is progressing and I want it to stop! The soft tooth brushes are what I've always used and brush carefully but still...???? Have used hydrogen peroxide and celtic sea salt and should probably keep using them but I though I'd check into what the VitaPick was all about. Thanks for your help,
Ann Mary
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08/02/05, 01:46 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 694
st37

Here is the information you requested.
S.T.37
Dist by Menleg & James Labs, inc.
Horsham, PA 19044-3697
Ususally between 6-9$ for 8-16 oz.
Parden my asking but did you dentist hazard a guess as to why you have gingivitis?
What is the cause.
To keep it from progressing further look to the cause and not treating the sysmptoms.
This may require life style changes.
More info/thoughts if you want.
If you do not respond then I will take that as a no.

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.