We have so many new people here, I thought it might be a good idea if we post and review the rules of this forum. There are really only 4 rules so everyone should not have a problem in playing well with each other here.
1. The use bad language, trolling, snarky comments, disrespect, racial/religious snide remarks, etc. will not be tolerated. The purpose of this forum is to be helpful to each other -- which includes being respectful, kind, and considerate of all.
2. Please do not post your email address on this site. It excites the bots which jam the system. It also invites trouble and viruses to your and other's computers.
3. There are no unauthorized swaps permitted. If you wish to have a swap or suggest one, please submit your request to one of the Homemaking Forum mods.
4. There are no fund raisers or charity requests of any type, permitted in this forum. Unfortunately, we've had problems in the past and a few bad apples spoiled it for those who really are in need. This rule is not because we don't want to help, but solely for the safety and integrity of our members, as well as for the integrity of this forum and site.
5. There is absolutely no selling or advertising in this forum. There is a Barter Board on the site to help you in your selling endeavors. I don't, however, mind you mentioning you have an item for sale in discussions, as long as it is not in the form of advertising or constantly mentioning it so that it is apparent you are pushing your wares. The Fiber Arts forum is exempt from this rule since they are an independent discussion group of the Homemaking Forum.
6. The Homemaking Forums are under a very strict "G" rating. That doesn't mean "R" or even "PG" -- even when joking. Please refrain from adult jokes, sexual references, etc. since we do have children who frequent these forums.
7. Promotion of your website or an 'agenda' is not permitted. If you have long drawn-out instructions, it would be acceptable unless it is a constant posting/redirecting to your website or it becomes apparent that it's for promotional agenda only. Opinions as to 'promotional' and 'agenda' will be at the mod's desgretion and your posting of alternative/self websites means you agree to these terms without argument or debate.
8. Please also allow others the respect to give alternate methods of doing something that you may not approve of. It is the reader's responsibility to check the safety and appropriateness of all methods before practicing them. Please refrain from reprimanding members who oppose a method and refrain from rude, snarky, or disrespectful objections to any methods or comments made just to set everyone else straight.
9. Please be aware that the remedies, solutions, recipes, formulas, practices and/or any other advice, recommendations, and/or suggestions posted on HT are NOT endorsed nor approved by anyone at HT. The administrators and moderators make no claims as to the veracity, safety, usefulness, healthiness and/or effectiveness of anything posted here. HT administrators and moderators cannot be held liable for your decision to practice any suggestions, opinions, recipes, methods, etc. that you read here. Be aware that you use this site at your own risk and use of this site constitutes agreement that you hold HT, its administrators, moderators and users harmless in the case of anything harmful which is experienced through the use, practice, application, and/or consumption of anything posted, recommended and/or suggested here.
Thanks so much everyone! I sincerely do appreciate your cooperation and how friendly everyone is here. Keep up the good work!
(edited on February 20, 2008 to include "fund raisers/charity requests" (rule #4)); (edited on February 21 to add info about FA forum.) (edited on October 21, 2009 to further explain that change). (Edited on 1/20/2012 to include rule #6, #7 #8 & #9)