Originally Posted by dunroven
This is about a 1/2 inch slice of ham, cut in the shape of a steak. Just a slice of ham called a fresh ham steak. I don't think I could bake it like a ham as it would just shrivel up and be so dry you couldn't eat it.
Any other suggestions maybe?
Sorry about that one post about whole ham.
I've sometimes have used a oven to do my ham steak due to putting coke with pineapple on top if it to bake in the oven for about 5 mins. You can even do ham steaks in a crock-pot too.
Baked Ham Steak with Pineapple
1 1/2 pound ham steak
1 can pineapple rings if you like to use whole can you can I usually only put a few pineapple rings.
You can add a can coke if like..
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Trim off or slice through the fat on the edge of the ham in several places to prevent curling in the pan. (Don't have to)
3. Place the ham steak in a shallow ovenproof pan and place the pineapple slices on top. Pour the pineapple juice over all. Pour a half can coke over the ham steak.
4. Place the ham steak in the oven and bake for 20 minutes (uncovered). I always cover mine..
5. After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and turn the oven up to broil.
6. Baste the ham with the pan juices. Sprinkle a little brown sugar over the pineapple slices and dust with cinnamon. Pour the rest of coke over ham steaks.
7. Return to oven and broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until the pineapple is lightly browned. Don't get the pineapple to brown just lightly. Serve each ham steak with a pineapple slice.
MMMM GOOD!! On the side we usually have mashed taters and green beans.
One recipe for crock-pot ham steaks.
Layer them in the crock pot, with brown sugar, and pineapple juice. Let cook on low 6-9 hours.
Let cook on low 6-9 hours.